Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sweet Pea


I have been on a button kick lately! I have several more cards to share later using buttons! This is the first one I wanted to share. I had planned to post a card that I made last night, for the CPS challenge, but it is raining and too dark outside to take the picture. So.... here is my little 3x3 sweet pea.

Since the release of the new PTI set, Everyday Button Bits, I have been digging through my other stamps to see where I could use buttons. I thought this would make a cute new baby girl card!

Anyway.... I want to say "Thank you" to all of you who left suggestions on how I could use my loved grid paper! Seems that I am not as weird as I thought! :) Or... all of you are weird too! :) I got some great suggestions and now I feel okay about hanging onto it for a while and using it for something.

Hope you all are having a great Wednesday! Carver is napping right now and we are going to a birthday party for my adorable nephew, Rex, tonight! It is going to be at Pump It Up! Rex had a party there last year but Carver was a little too young to get into it. I am anxious to see how he does tonight. I think he is going to have a great time and hopefully come home worn out and ready for bed! Ha...

Supplies:
Stamps - Green Thumb (PTI)
Paper - Sweet Blush, Polka Dot Parade, Ripe Avocado Bitty Box, White (all PTI)
Ink - Ripe Avocado, True Black, Chai Tea Dye (all PTI)
Other - Classic Square and Scallop Square Nestabilities, Raspberry Fizz buttons (PTI)
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Super cute Kelley! I can't wait to see your other button cards!

~amy~ said...

absolutely darling Kelley...I so want the new PTI set :(

Ann said...

Totally cute, Kelley!

Stephanie said...

Oh Kelley - this is the greatest!!! I'm loving buttons so much too - in fact my PTI Everyday Button Bits arrived today....yahoo!!! I love your idea and may have to use it someday :)

thanks so much for the congratulations!! I've been so busy over the past few days and felt exhausted until I read my email which forwards all of my comments. That really rejuvenated me!!

Enjoy Rex's party & I hope Carter enjoys himself out :)

Christina Smith said...

Very cute card! I've been seeing so many stamps that accomodate buttons! Such a great idea! Have fun at the party!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Kelley! Love the card, love the colors! Super cute....I have been all about buttons lately too! Great minds think alike, right? Hope y'all have a blast tonight! And could ya send some rain up my way? Yesterday was 90, and it's supposed to be close to 100 next Monday and Tuesday!

Dana Gustafson said...

Weee! These is so cute! Love your little sweet pea. You are so right, gotta look at my stamps wiht a different eye and see which ones can support the use of the treasured button stash! Awesome!

Winter said...

Very cute idea! I love it! Maybe I need to get my stamps out and see if they would go good with buttons! Thanks for the inspiration! And THANK YOU so much for the blog award, (sorry it took so long). It is so nice to have other ladies that enjoy the same thing! :)

Lynnette said...

Love this! I adore buttons, and I have a gazillion. Thanks for the great idea. This is darling

Alanna said...

This is so cute Kelley. Great idea to add buttons to that set.

Meredith said...

OH I love it! And I too look at those desk pads, before I toss them--we are such scrapbook geeks!

LeAnne said...

CUTE! I have this set and haven't used it for a while.....need to get it out!

Nancy Jensen said...

I'm just dying over how much I love your use of buttons! I just saw your Christmas cards using buttons and your cherries. Thanks for the inspiration! I need to put all my cute buttons to work!

Maile Belles said...

Love your use of buttons!!! Would have never thought of that my self!