Sunday, July 12, 2009

This Boy

wears me out.... :) But he sure is cute!! It's a good thing because he sure does have some not so cute behavior these days!

I just want to take a moment to document some of what Carver has been doing. This is my journal and I don't want to forget.

1. Several times, when we have been out shopping, you have told people who get too close (for your comfort) to our buggy , "Watch out for my mommy" in a not so nice tone. You have told the person ringing up our stuff, "That's my mommy's". You talk to everyone who passes by and ask, "What choo doin?" and when they walk away, either ask them, "Where you goin?" or you ask me, "Where they goin mommy?"

2. When we are in parking lots and hear other people yelling (teenagers mostly)... you will yell, "What?" because you didn't quite hear what they are saying, but you think they are talking to you.

3. You have said to mommy several times, "Get your butt in here right now!!" in a not nice way! I don't think you could actually say this and it be nice but... you know what I mean. This doesn't set well with mommy and ends up getting you in time out or a spanking. I have to confess that you have heard this from me. This is usually what I resort to when I have asked you to come to me 10 times and you still have not. I really should work on that.

4. Mommy has started (on occasion) counting to 3 before resorting to punishment. You have started taking one step on 1 and again on 2 and then take off running to do whatever it is I have asked you to do on 3. You are usually too late at this point. The whole time you are waiting for me to get to 3, you are giving me a look like.... 'what are you going to do about it?'. This doesn't set well with mommy either so, mommy has just stopped after 1 ... and you don't like it!

5. When we are in the car, you tell me which way you want to go and you ask every time the car rounds a corner, slows down, or stops, "What are we doing mommy?", "What's going on?", or "What happened mommy?"!

6. You have mastered the begging and sad puppy dog face.

7. You no longer respond to mommy and daddy's sad puppy dog face in an attempt to get some love. Instead you laugh and tell us we are funny!

8. You say, "Don't tell me" when mommy tells you not to do something. This also doesn't set well with mommy!

9. The other day, mommy bought you some chips, in the check out line, at Kroger's (after much begging). Mommy told you that you could only eat a few since we would eat dinner when we got home. Mommy attempted to feed you one at a time and you pitched a fit for the bag. Mommy gave in because this wasn't a battle I was choosing to engage in seeing as how we live 5 minutes from Kroger and you don't eat that fast. A couple of minutes later, you proceeded to tell me, "You not take my bag until we get to my house mommy!". Once we pulled into the subdivision you caught me looking at you in the mirror and you said, "Don't look at me. I said you not take my bag until we get home!". I had to laugh. I was in shock at what you just said! and.... it was pretty funny how you caught me looking at you. It was either laugh or beat you. :)

10. You sing your ABC's and you get real high at the end when you sing, "Now I said my ABC's". You sing Jesus loves me. You have started singing several parts of other songs that are on mommy's Ipod.

11. Mommy has 2 Britney Spears songs on her Ipod and you know both as soon as they start playing and say, "That's Britney Spears mommy!" in your excited voice!

12. You say please, thank you, yes mam and no mam pretty well. Definitely still have work to do and... we need to figure out the difference between mam and sir. If you think I should say thank you... you tell me I should... and when I do you say, "your welcome mommy. That's good manners!". At least you remember some of the good things I say and not just the bad things! :)

13. You love trucks, motorcycles, lawn mowers, balls... you are just all boy!!

14. You get on mommy's computer and say that you are checking your email or your blog!

15. You love your daddy! You love me too but I think you just get tired of me! I don't blame you... I get tired of me too sometimes!

16. You talk about Pastor Bruce and Dr. Bill... A LOT!

17. When you say your prayers, you say "Dear God, Thank you for Mommy and Daddy. Thank you for Jesus name. I love you... Amen".... just about every time!

We love you more than you will ever know! You are a gift from God and we know that you are going to be a leader (for sure) and that God has wonderful and mighty plans for your life!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Christina Smith said...

Awww! I enjoyed reading this!

Stephanie said...

Kelley - I really enjoyed reading this as well. I hope you save this and show Carver when he's old enough to appreciate everything you wrote :)

Courtney Baker said...

You seriously need to make that into a scrapbook page. It's perfect.

Winter said...

Very cute! Sounds like you have your hands full! :) This would be a great scrapbook page!

Anonymous said...

I've heard the 3s are worse! I guess we both shall see soon enough.

What is it with #5? Daniel is so all about telling me which way to turn and which way to go. Silly boys!

Jane said...

Amen to all of that!!