Thursday, July 30, 2009

Raspberry Suite #13


I love love love these colors together! I don't think I would have ever put them together on my own but luckily... Dawn made me! :)

Michael's aunt, Marie, is currently in the hospital after having some surgery. I thought these would make great colors for a get better soon card. I pulled out one of my newest PTI sets and got to work! I embossed the background with the SU Small Dots Texturz plate. I sponged Certainly Celery all over it in hopes the dots would stand out more. I think you can see them in the pic... if not... just use your imagination! :)

I also had an idea to make a card from Carver. I may just give Marie this card from all of us and keep the 1st one on hand for use later. I think she is going to have a long recovery so she might appreciate another card down the road.


I have seen something similar to this somewhere before but can't remember where. It was either a child's artwork or their hand print used on a card. I loved it and haven't forgotten about it.

My nieces and nephew (and Carver) call Marie... Aunt Ree. There was a lot of blank space because of the spacing of little C's fingers. I added some thickers to spell out Ree to help take up some of the space. Not a perfect card but... hopefully she will like it! I would!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! It is almost time for the weekend.... woo hoo!

Supplies (for first card) :
Stamps - Everyday Button Bits (PTI)
Paper - White, Pure Poppy Bitty Box, Berry Sorbet Bitty Dots (all PTI), Certainly Celery (SU)
Ink - Certainly Celery (SU), Pure Poppy, Chamomile Tea Dye (both PTI)
Other - Berry Sorbet Buttons (PTI), Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Clear Rhinestones, SU Dimensionals, Scallop and Classic Square Nestabilities, SU Small Dots Texturz plate

Supplies (for Carver card) :
Stamps - Everyday Button Bits (PTI), Carvers hand (God, Michael and Kelley)
Paper - Pure Poppy, White, Berry Sorbet Bitty Box (all PTI)
Ink - Whisper White (SU), Berry Sorbet (PTI)
Other - Pure Poppy ribbon (PTI), Spring Moss button (PTI), SU Eyelet Border Punch, American Crafts Vinyl Thickers, Making Memories Celery Scrapbook Paint


Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ya i thought the one i got was a pos too!! But i figured it out and it works perfect even on chipboard!! woohoo!! I love the card idea that is soooo cute!! And i love your obsession with buttons and all your super super cute button cards!!

Kristina said...

I love both cards you made for Dawn's challenge! I made mine yesterday too... and used the exact same stamp, lol. I guess great minds think alike! The card with Carver's handprint is too cute. I would image Marie will definitely have a smile on her face after receiving that card.

Ann said...

Eeee! You know I love this--polka dots, buttons, a butterfly...SO pretty! I'm sure she'll love it, and Carver's card is absolutely adorable as well! They're sure to make her smile!

Maile Belles said...

Both cards are adorable!!! Love the hand idea, so much fun! I may have to give that a try with my little one.

Maureen said...

Love how you stamped on the ribbon! And the button is perfect!

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...you certainly rocked the color challenge!!! The button card is fabulous...Your Ree card is a-stinkin-a-dorable!!

Winter said...

So cute! I love them both, but I really love the one of Carver's hand! Great idea, she will love it! :)

Nancy L. said...

they are both really cute, but i'm loving the one w/ the hand :)

Lynnette said...

These are both wonderful! Awesome job on the challenge.

Steph said...

They are both great. Nicely done.

Amanda Winkelman said...

This button card is the cutest EVER! I love it! I have had my eye on that set....I think I've mentioned that before....but this card has completely sold me on it! Anyone from Papertray Ink out there? Kelley shoul get commission when I purchase this set! LOL! And the card with Carver's handprint is very special. It would bring tears to my eyes to receive a card like that....I think she'll LOVE it! Kudos to you on all your fabulous ideas!

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Great job on both and I luv the name of your blog. xo, Marian

Stephanie said...

these are perfect! she'll love the card with Carver's handprint :)

this is one of my favorite color combo's - my mom's laundry room is done in these colors...I should do the same to mine, maybe I wouldn't mind doing the laundry then :)

{PurpleD} said...

Yeah, those buttons are so delicate, so is the stamp. Great card!

muriel said...

Very nice, I love both of them

Jessica said...

They're both so great! The one with your son's hand is precious and I'm sure will mean a lot to your husband's Aunt. The first one is so cute!! love the butterfly and button flowers!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

LOVE the butterfly with the button bits flower. I am going to have to try that. Way to rock this color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Elise said...

WHAT FABULOUS WORK! I love BOTH cards! You are SO at ease with these colors! What fun!

Scrapping Julie said...

awwww. so great, both of them

Karen said...

Both cards are wonderful, Kelley and I'm sure it will be a major pick me up to have a handcrafted card to look at and read. These colors are So happy, I just love them. Love the buttons and the scalloped grid square in the first one and the handprint and thickers in the second one. I do that with my kids handprints for thank you cards for their birthdays sometimes. I think a kidlets' handprint is such a happy thing! :>

Kitty said...

Beautiful! Anyone would feel better after getting one of these cards :)

KatieTurtle said...

tee hee...was the handprint card an inspiration from the Bday card for my MIL?
http://leftsidecrafts.blogspot.com/2009/06/where-have-i-been.html

LOL...I hope so, I would love to have been the inspiration!

~kelly marie~ said...

What a cute card! I just love it! I can't get enough of everyone's button cards! :)

Ali said...

Adorable button card! I LOVE buttons! :O)-Ali